Summary of Qualifications:
- Experienced in sales, marketing, event planning, social media outreach, teaching and working internationally
- Skilled in verbal and written communication including public speaking, translating information (Spanish and English), press releases, customer service skills, and building relationships
- Bilingual in Spanish and English and comfortable working with diverse groups of people and cultures
University of Washington,Seattle, WA
B.A. Dual Degree in Communication and Spanish, March 2010
GPA: 3.8: Annual Deans List 2006-2010; Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society
Study Abroad Program: Cádiz, Spain: Spanish and Portuguese Department, Spring Semester 2009
River Cruise Specialist, AmaWaterways, Calabasas, CA October 2012 – Present
- Acquired a vast knowledge of the AmaWaterways’ product in order to work closely with travel agents and clients to familiarize them with the product and increase sales. Built and maintained relationships with Latin American accounts to promote AmaWaterways in a new market. Presented the AmaWaterways’ product at trade show events. Gained excellent customer service skills and a strong sales knowledge.
English teaching assistant, Escola Gaudí y Escola José Juan Ortiz,Barcelona, Spain, October 2010-June 2012
- Helped teach English to students in Spanish public elementary schools by teaching art, reading, writing, speaking, and pronunciation. Designed and implemented engaging curriculum and collaborated with fellow teachers.
College Nannies and Tutors No Child Left Behind Coordinator,Seattle, WA, April 2010-June 2010
- Helped diverse student populations by developing student learning plans, analyzing student assessments, and researching for new curriculum. Attend school district meetings, provider fairs, tutor orientations, and facilitate tutor observations. Communicate and translate to families, many who only speak Spanish.
Hillel OrganizationCommunication and Marketing Intern, Seattle, WA, September 2009-present
- Increased the participation of Hillel events through written and verbal communication skills such as word of mouth, flyers and social media, for example this included creating a Facebook page and a blog for Hillel.
Amber Entertainment Intern, Los Angeles, CA, Summer 2009
- Read and analyzed film scripts to summarize the main points for producers through coverages and suggesting changes to the scripts, made pitches for movies from popular books, researched company information and created spread sheets on Microsoft Excel or PowerPoint to show findings.
Becoming CitizensMarketing Intern, Seattle, WA, September 2008-May 2009
- Promoted the Pugetsoundoff.org website to encourage civic engagement and ensure good user experience for high school students through MySpace. Presented PowerPoints to students and teachers in classrooms.
¡Sorpresa!, Hispanic Television Network Sales and Marketing Intern, Los Angeles, CA, Summer 2008
- Formulated creative ideas to advertise the ¡Sorpresa! network, created press releases and participated in Launch events by setting the activities up for customers and used my bilingual skills (English and Spanish) to translate material and speak to the public.
Office of Annual Giving Universityof Washington FoundationCaller, Seattle, WA, January 2008- October 2009
- Represented the University of Washington when contacting UW Alumni to raise funds for various departments, student programs and scholarships. Gained verbal communication, customer service, philanthropy, and fundraising skills. I personally raised over $30,000.
Communication Alumni Board Student Representative, Seattle, WA, October 2009-June 2010
- Helped design alumni programming, services, and events for Communication alumni and students.
Madrona K-8 School Tutor, Seattle, WA, January 2010- March 2010
- Worked with special education children to help them understand new information, improve their behavior skills, and feel comfortable working and speaking in classrooms. Provide solutions and student concerns after carefully monitoring student performance and communicating suggestions for improvement.
Westminster Free Clinic Volunteer and Translator, Thousand Oaks, CA, Spring 2005-Summer 2006
- Translated (Spanish and English), took medical histories, obtained vital signs, and presented information to doctors.
Kaiser Permanente Volunteer, Woodland Hills, CA, Summer 2003 and Summer 2007
- Taught Kaiser members how to use the new online service (kp.org) and created their accounts.
- Helped facilitate the patient-doctor relationship by providing of assistance and using my bilingual skills.
- Computer: Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, WordPress, SlideShare, Adobe Photoshop.
- Languages: Fluent in Spanish and English. Basic level of Catalan and Italian.
- University of Washington Merit Award from the Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity (Fall 2006)
- Calabasas High School (CHS) California Scholarship Federation (2002-2006), CHS Honor Society (2002-2006), CHS Service Learning Award (2002-2006), CHS Certificate of Achievement in Career and Education (2005)